Mr. Prince is a member of the New Jersey and Pennsylvania bars. and is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Mr. Prince earned his J.D. with high honors from Rutgers School of Law – Camden, where he was an Articles Editor for the Rutgers Law Journal law review and a Legal Research and Writing/Moot Court teaching assistant. He earned his B.A. in History, summa cum laude, from Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola, Florida.
Mr. Prince has more than 11 years of experience representing and advising clients in a variety of complex civil cases in federal and state courts, including product liability/mass tort litigations, medical monitoring and consumer fraud class actions, and individual cases involving product liability, personal injury, and contract disputes. He has extensive expertise litigating every phase of a case’s life cycle from initiation to resolution. His practice focuses on managing complex litigation to expedient and efficient resolution. Specific experiences include:
- Managing multiple coordinated product liability/mass tort litigations, each with 10,000+ plaintiffs, for global and national pharmaceutical and nutraceutical companies from pre-consolidation to dissolution in both federal and state courts, including New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- As national counsel, defending related cases pending simultaneously in numerous courts across the country; developing uniform litigation strategies for cases; and supervising local counsel in all fifty states to ensure consistent execution of strategies
- Initiating and administering affirmative case-specific discovery programs, including “Plaintiff Fact Sheet,” “Lone Pine,” and case-specific deposition programs resulting in the dismissal of thousands of cases; training and supervising teams of attorneys responsible for executing programs
- Working with co-defendant counsel to craft mutually-beneficial litigation tactics
- Advising clients on confidentiality and privilege issues related to the retention and production of documents and electronically stored information; member of a multi-firm “task force” established to defend a client against discovery-related sanctions
- Conducting internal audits/investigations of clients to evaluate statutory and regulatory compliance
- Representing clients in various alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediations and arbitrations
- Negotiating and administering settlement of a consumer fraud class action
Mr. Prince also has experience taking affirmative discovery and trial depositions of fact and medical witnesses, drafting and arguing discovery and dispositive motions, and negotiating various case management and pretrial orders. Additionally, he has prepared numerous cases for trial in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and other jurisdictions, and he has second-chair trial experience.
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2010 and 2013
Presentations & Publications
- Author, The Growing World of Nanotechnology, Product Liability Law & Strategy, May 2011