The Growing Epidemic of Nursing Home Abuse
As the elderly population in the United States continues to grow, nursing home abuse has become a widespread problem. According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), nearly 1 in 10 adults over the age of 65 suffers from some form of abuse each year, and these numbers are expected to rise as the population ages.
Important Nursing Home Abuse Statistics
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that 64% of nursing home staff members admitted to abusing residents in 2017.
- According to a 2012 study conducted by Michigan State University, 24% of nursing home residents reported that a staff member physically abused them.
- The Administration for Community Living reports that nearly 16,000 cases of sexual abuse in nursing homes have been made since 2000.
- The National Council on Aging (NCOA) estimates that up to 5 million seniors suffer from abuse every year.
These alarming statistics underscore the importance of having a dedicated nursing home abuse lawyer in New Jersey to help protect the rights and well-being of elderly residents and their families.
How DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. Can Help
With a proven track record of success, the experienced attorneys at DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. are committed to representing the elderly and their families in cases of nursing home abuse and neglect. The firm pursues wrongful death and survival claims on behalf of residents and their families for injuries and death caused by nursing home abuse or neglect.
Comprehensive Legal Representation
The nursing home abuse lawyers at DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. understand the complexities of nursing home abuse cases and work tirelessly to help their clients obtain the justice and compensation they deserve. With a thorough understanding of state and federal regulations governing nursing homes, the firm is well-equipped to handle cases involving:
- Physical abuse
- Emotional and psychological abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial exploitation
- Neglect and abandonment
Personalized, Compassionate Approach
The team at DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. recognizes the unique challenges faced by elderly individuals and their families when dealing with nursing home abuse and neglect. By providing personalized attention and compassionate representation, the firm ensures that the voices of the elderly are heard and their rights are protected.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
It is crucial for family members to be vigilant and watch for signs of abuse or neglect in their loved ones residing in nursing homes. Some common indicators include:
- Unexplained injuries or bruises
- Sudden changes in behavior or mood
- Fear or anxiety around certain staff members or residents
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Unsanitary living conditions
- Mismanagement of medications
The Importance of Reporting Nursing Home Abuse
It is essential for family members to report any suspected nursing home abuse or neglect to the appropriate authorities. The nursing home abuse lawyers at DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. can guide you through the reporting process and help you navigate the legal system to protect your loved one’s rights.
DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. is a top nursing home abuse lawyer in New Jersey that has successfully represented hundreds of families in cases of nursing home neglect and abuse. With a focus on helping the elderly and recovering millions of dollars for residents and their families, the firm is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate legal representation. If you suspect your loved one has suffered from nursing home abuse or neglect, contact DeNittis, Osefchen, Prince, P.C. for a free case review and let their experienced team fight for the justice and compensation your family deserves.